It is with great excitement that we announce we will be restarting our ‘contactless click and collect’ service. This will allow members to access toys from the toy library in a limited capacity while restrictions are still in place and while COVID still exists within Victoria.
Here’s the key information that you need to access to the contactless click and collect service:
NOTE: We have improved how we run click and collect and so the steps have changed.
1. BOOK A TIME – Please book in a time in Click and collect tab for your preferred date & time (new sessions will be added every week). See below video for instructions on how to book a time and reserve your toys. You must book a time to return toys, collect toys, or both at once.
2. SELECT TOYS – Please select toys by viewing available toys in the ‘Click and collect toy pictures’ .
Note, we will aim to provide all toys placed in your basket, but please understand that we may substitute for similar items if required. – You can borrow up to your membership borrow limit. – If you do not collect at your selected day and time, all basket items will be cancelled and made available to other members. – You cannot select toys until you have booked a time.
3. CONFIRM TOYS AND TIME- You must confirm your booking time 7 hours before scheduled booking. By clicking the ‘finalise your selection’ button. Otherwise nothing will be ready for you.
3. RETURNS – You must also book a time to return toys. Upon arriving at the toy library please follow the signs to return your toys and place toys in the marked date section for that day.
4. COLLECTING – Please wait in your car if there are others collecting toys. Your selected toys will be placed outside the front door under the alcove your your name tag.
Please be mindful that members will not have access into the library for any reason while this service is being offered. Kingston Toy Library are supporting the requirements to reduce the spread of COVID and keeping members and staff health and safety front of mind; while also supporting members growth, development and educational needs.
The fine print:
§ Do not attend the click and collect service if you are unwell. Please also abide by social distancing requirements while accessing this service.
§ Click and collect service will recommence on Friday 25th September.
§ There will be no access into the toy library for any reason. Where possible do not bring your children to the toy library for click and collect.
§ No overdue fees will be applied during this period
§ Toys will be ‘quarantined’ for 5 days before being placed back on shelves. Please ensure that all toys are clean as always when returned to the library. Cleaning instructions are available on the Toy Library Website in the FAQ.
§ Toys will not be counted or returned until after the 5 day period (or beyond if demand is high for this service) has passed. This will mean that any missing pieces notifications will not be received until after this time has past. Toys you have returned may also appear to be on loan to you during that quarantine period. This will not limit what you can borrow.
§ Please be mindful that we are not able to use volunteers at this time, so the operation of this service, including finding, borrowing, returning and counting toys is being carried out solely by our coordinator Catherine. We thank you for your patience while we relaunch this service – we are learning with you and are committed to frequent reviews to how we best offer this service.
§ If you are unable to collect / return toys from the library, but a friend or family member can – please advise us who will be collecting your toys.
§ With current 5km restrictions during September 2020 members who live beyond the 5km will have their toys and membership extended until step three is implemented.
We look forward to seeing you at the toy library soon.