How to do click and collect
We are still offering click and collect sessions on Fridays until the new year. From Jan 15th we will return to normal borrowing and click and collect will no longer be available. For unvaccinated members who are unable to enter the library at the moment, please email us to arrange an alternative.
Here’s the key information that you need to access to the contactless click and collect service:
NOTE: We have improved how we run click and collect and so the steps have changed.
1. BOOK A TIME – Please book in a time in Click and collect tab for your preferred date & time (new sessions will be added every week). See below video for instructions on how to book a time and reserve your toys. You must book a time to return toys, collect toys, or both at once.
2. SELECT TOYS – Please select toys by viewing available toys in the ‘Click and collect toy pictures’ .
Note, we will aim to provide all toys placed in your basket, but please understand that we may substitute for similar items if required. – You can borrow up to your membership borrow limit. – If you do not collect at your selected day and time, all basket items will be cancelled and made available to other members. – You cannot select toys until you have booked a time.
3. CONFIRM TOYS AND TIME- You must confirm your booking time 7 hours before scheduled booking. By clicking the ‘finalise your selection’ button. Otherwise nothing will be ready for you.
4. RETURNS – You must also book a time to return toys. Upon arriving at the toy library please follow the signs to return your toys and place toys in the marked date section for that day.
5. COLLECTING – Please wait in your car if there are others collecting toys. Your selected toys will be placed outside the front door under the alcove your your name tag.
Please be mindful that members will not have access into the library for any reason when click and collect is being offered. Kingston Toy Library are supporting the requirements to reduce the spread of COVID and keeping members and staff health and safety front of mind; while also supporting members growth, development and educational needs.